Countries

Analyst: US Bribed into Yemen War with $200bln

US President Donald Trump and Deputy Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia, Muhammad Bin Salman
Analyst: US Bribed into Yemen War with $200bln
A prominent Yemeni analyst said the US has been paid several trillion dollars by Saudi Arabia to protect its crown, adding that Riyadh has recently bribed Washington’s support for the Yemen war with $200bln.

“Washington has asked for more money to defend the Saudi regime and Riyadh has recently paid $200bln to the US for the costs of its support for the war in Yemen,” Saleh al-Qarshi told FNA on Tuesday.

“This is apart from the huge amounts of money that Saudi Arabia pays to the US treasury for protecting its crown,” he added.

According to al-Qarshi, former Saudi Intelligence Chief Turki al-Feisal revealed last year that his country has bought the low-profit US treasury bonds to help the US economy.

Relevant reports said late last week that Saudi Arabia has sponsored the United States’ recent missile strikes on al-Shayrat airbase in the Syrian province of Homs, adding that Riyadh has even offered more financial aid to Donald Trump for continued attacks on Syria.

“The Saudi officials who were not optimistic following the election of Trump decided to coax the American businessman into cooperation by financial offers,” a diplomatic source close to the Saudi family said on Sunday.

Referring to the Saudi King’s initiative for a phone conversation with Trump immediately after the US missile attack on Syria, the source said the phone call was not just aimed at expressing pleasure in the attack, and the Saudi King expressed the hope that similar strikes on Syria would be repeated by the US.

According to the source, King Salman has also underscored his country’s preparedness to provide Washington with great financial incitements to continue airstrikes on Syria.

Other source close to the Saudi family also said that Trump has ordered his team to assess the whole costs of launching missile attacks and airstrikes against Syria to be submitted to Riyadh.

On April 7, the United States launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at the Syrian military airfield in Shayrat near the city of Homs.

Donald Trump said the attack was a response to the alleged chemical weapon use in Syria’s Idlib on April 4, which Washington blames on the Syrian government.

Syrian opposition had claimed forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad had used a chemical gas on people in the Northwestern province, killing nearly 80 and injuring 200. Syrian president argued his government has no chemical weapons after agreeing to have them destroyed in 2013. He also ruled out having used chemicals against own people.

Source/Fars News Agency
CF/IC

Click to add a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

More in Countries

San Juan Mayor: ‘Disaster-In-Chief’ Trump Was ‘Disrespectful’ to Puerto Rico

December 29, 2017

Flagrant Violation in Trial of Ecuador’s Vice President, Defense Attorney Says

December 29, 2017

MI5 Plotted Assassination of Irish PM in 1985 – Paramilitary Group

December 29, 2017

Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency Set to Avoid Financial Attacks

December 29, 2017

China Offers Tax Break to Keep Investors after US Overhaul

December 29, 2017

Israeli Jets, Tanks Launch Fresh Attacks Against Gaza Strip

December 29, 2017

Cuban Revolution Persists Despite Hostility of U.S. Government

December 29, 2017

Corbyn Accuses Tory Brexiteers Of Wanting To Drive UK Off A Cliff

December 29, 2017

Brazil Elections: Intellectuals, Artists Back Lula Candidacy

December 29, 2017
You Can Advertise Here
"The other side of the news!"
Copyright © 2015 Carib Flame. Follow us on Twitter @caribflame